Click here to Jump
DM Devices offer a number of different inputs including:
- Digital Inputs
- Analogue (0-30V) inputs
- 4-20mA Inputs
Check each individual product's datasheet for the full specification, but inputs are generalised here:
|Digital Input||Dart2 (Ignition + 2)|
G100 (Ignition + 4)
G120 (Ignition + 6)
G62 Cellular (Ignition + 2)
G62 LoRaWAN (Ignition + 2)
|Digital Inputs with Pulse Count||SensorData Sigfox (2)|
SensorData LoRaWAN (3)
SensorNode LoRaWAN (2)
|Analogue Inputs (0-30V)||G120 (2)|
G62 LoRaWAN (1)
SensorData LoRaWAN (1)
SensorData Sigfox (2)
|1-Wire (for iButton)||Dart|
- Digital Inputs:
- Used to determine on/off status. Will be registered as 0 (off) or 1 (on).
- Typical applications include panic buttons, door open closed, monitoring engine on/off, run hours when connected to a PTO
- Analogue Inputs:
- Can be connected to a variety of sensors e.g. Temp Sensor, ultrasonic sensor etc, that output a certain voltage based on the temp/distance etc. This can be thought of as a voltage input.
- Can also be used to read 4-20mA signals when combined with a sense resistor.
- Common sensor output. Sensor will output 4mA when at the minimum of its range, and 20mA when at the maximum.
- Some Digital Matter Devices have a BLE 5 Module on board. This means that any sensor that uses Bluetooth could be integrated into the device FW so the sensor can be read.
- Inter-IC communication. Low level communication interface which is used on many different sensor types.
- Commonly used in the Ag-Tech space for soil moisture probes etc.
- Generally used for I-Button Tags and readers.
What Sensors do DM products support:
The following sensors are currently supported
|Sensor Type||Model||Supported Devices|
|Temperature||DM I2C Temperature Probe||All DM devices with I2C input|
|Texas Instruments TMP117||Eagle, Falcon|
|Temperature + Humidity||DM I2C Temp/Humidity Sensor||All DM Devices with I2C input|
|Amphenol T9602 Temp/Humidity Sensor Internally - this sensor uses this TELAIRE chip. So any other sensors which use this chip will also work.||Eagle, Falcon|
|Ultrasonic Range||Maxbotix MB7040||Eagle, Falcon, SensorData LoRaWAN, SensorNode LoRaWAN|
|Infrared Spot||MLX90614||Eagle, Falcon, SensorData LoRaWAN, SensorNode LoRaWAN|
|Infrared Camera||MLX90640||Eagle, Falcon (V2.0 only)|
|Pressure||WNKxxxx I2C.(Specifically the WNK8010-TT) has been integrated, but other sensors of this family will also work.||Falcon|
I need to use a sensor that isn't listed here, what are my options?
If an application requires a particular sensor that is not currently catered for, DM can integrate sensors. I2C sensors are a common sensor type. I2C is a low level communication interface, so simply connecting an I2C sensor to a product with an I2C input in general will not work.
the sensor should be able to be powered by a 3.3V source. As this is what is available to power sensors on DM devices. If it requires greater than this it will need to be powered externally to the device.
Please contact DM so that the sensor can be integrated into device firmware. Similarly if a particular BT sensor is desired, contact DM for integration information.