TABLE OF CONTENTS
- The Live View
- Selecting an Asset
- Asset Location Sharing
- Multi-Asset Location Sharing
- Live View Time Out - Disabling Asset Update Pausing
The Live View
Live View in Telematics can be useful to see an instant representation of where your assets are and in what state they are currently in. Below is a capture of the DMA - Sales Demo live view.
- Here you can choose whether to display a road map view or satellite view
- This is what Assets can look like on the live view
- The 'Map Menu' holds several great searching and grouping tools including groupings by Asset colour, project, Asset type and Department.
Selecting an Asset
You can either click on an asset from the Map Menu as shown above, or search using the tool in the menu itself. Once you select an asset, your map will zoom to it's location and show the information card. The information card displays the current Telemetry record log and can be altered to include the status of Digital IO Mappings through Edit Asset >> IO Mappings.
Asset Location Sharing
You can also click on the world icon to share the location to anyone via a link. The bell icon is to Activate a Movement Alert.
Location sharing has a number of options and customisations available that may be useful for courier companies or hire companies to track assets, parcels or loan vehicles. Asset sharing allows customers of such organisations to be temporarily given access to the location of the truck delivering their goods for example.
You will need to have Asset Sharing functionality enabled for the organisation to use this feature.
Head to Admin >> Organisation Manage >> Organisations >> Edit Organisation >> Functionality >> Select Asset Location Sharing >> Save. To share an asset, head to Live Tracking >> Select a device >> Click on the world icon >> Share location according to date and duration. Click on "show advanced options" from the dialogue to share location with more data.
You will be presented with a list of information you wish to share (for example, you might want to show the speed the driver is doing and potentially incriminate them!)
Once you've clicked Share, you will be taken to the Share asset location manager.
This screen gives you an overview of all the current shared sessions (you can make more than 1 link).
- Current status of share link. Green icon means the link is live. Grey means it is yet to become active.
- Creation date, start date and duration of share
- Copy share link to the clipboard
- Email share link via TG
- Open share link in a new tab
- Delete the share link. It will stop working for anyone using it.
- New share - if you already have a link created, this is how to create a secondary one.
Below is an example of what is shown on the share link - the location + selected information.
Multi-Asset Location Sharing
You are now able to share multiple asset's locations, allowing customers to track fleets, rather than individual assets. For example a hire company may rent a few vehicles to their customer for a few days - so they can give them visibility of where they are via this feature.
The following permissions are required to uses this feature. If you can't see the feature, you may be missing one. If you can't enable it for your organisation on user account - contact DM support and we can enable it:
- The Organisation must have Multi Asset Location Sharing under functionality
- The User must have the Multi Asset Location Share permission
- The user doing the sharing requires access to all assets within the organisation (asset access is set on the user account)
1. Navigate to Assets -> Multi-Asset Location Sharing
2. Create New Share
You are able to select multiple assets which will be shared in the single link.
3. Click Share
1. Allows you to copy the link
2. Allows you to preview the Multi-Asset Location Share link
Below is an example of what is shown on the share link - the location of the assets and asset list.
Live View Time Out - Disabling Asset Update Pausing
The Live view on TG normally automatically updates the position and status of the assets. To reduce server load, browsers that have been idle for 4.5 minutes will suspend these automatic updates. An "Asset Updates Paused" message will appear on the screen and the user must click OK to resume.
This is not acceptable for control rooms, so this functionality can be disabled for a user. It is defaulted to enabled.
To disable this function for a user, the "Live Tracking No Timeout" permission must be ticked. To give this to another user, your user must have the permission - you cannot award a permission you do no have. If you cannot see this permission, contact support.
Follow these steps:
- Switch to the user's home organisation.
- Go to Admin->Users
- Click Edit for the user.
- Go to Permissions tab
- Scroll to the General category
- Tick "Live Tracking No Timeout"
- Click Save.
This is the permission to check: