The Dart/Dart2, G60/G62, G100/G120 and G200 devices support on device Driver List checking. The Driver List is stored in flash. When a Driver ID is presented to the device, the device can check for the driver in the list, and take action.
Driver Lists only work with Telematics Guru currently:
- Create Drivers under Admin->Drivers.
- Add Drivers to Assets:
- Manage Assets->Edit Asset.
- Go to the Drivers Tab.
- Enable Driver Management.
- Either allow all drivers, or specify which drivers are enabled.
- Click save.
- Every 15 minutes, the lists are pushed to the OEM Server for assets with changes to their list.
- The next time the device connects, it will download the list.
There is also a Driver List layout setting on the organisation. Generally the short layout can be used.
In the Device System Parameters, ensure:
- That the "Test Against List" option is ticked under the Driver ID tab.
If the device is set to "Test Against List", there are 3 common behaviors:
- Driver ID is found in list and accepted. 2 accept beeps. Immobiliser may be deactivated if setup. Driver ID is recorded and report to the platform.
- Driver ID is not found in list. 1 long reject beep. Immobiliser is not deactivated. Driver ID is not recorded.
- Driver ID is found in list BUT marked not allowed to drive. 3 long reject beeps. Immobiliser is not deactivated. Driver ID is not recorded.
- How many Drivers does the device support? This depends on the list layout, as set in TG:
|Device||Layout 1 - short||Layout 2 - long||Layout 3 - short with name|
|Dart/Dart2||16 000 records||3 200 drivers||4 000 drivers|
|4 000 records||800 drivers||1 000 drivers|
|G62||16 000 records||800 drivers||1 000 drivers|
|G100/G120||16 000 records||3 200 drivers||4 000 drivers|
|G200||16 000 records||3 200 drivers||4 000 drivers|