Digital Matter devices commonly use switched ground outputs. These provide a path to ground when on and are high impedance when off. This is an example of a low side switch.
The function of the digital output can be set in system parameters. Functions include:
- Output is not used.
- Digital output:
- Can be set to on or off from the server.
- Control and external buzzer. This can be used to buzz Driver ID exceptions or over speed violations.
- Use output for Immbolisation. More information here
- Control an external LED. Be sure to use a series resistor.
- System Rail/5V Output:
- This is for advanced use only. Generally use the defaults.
The active level setting depends on the function. This can be used to invert the output. LED's and Buzzers should generally be Active High and Immobilisers Active Low.