Table of Contents
|Dart3 2G and Dart3 4G
|All FW versions
|G70 2G and G70 4G
All FW versions
Additional logging options available in 1.14+
|G120 2G and G120 4G
|All FW versions
|All FW versions
|1.6+ see speed monitoring on the Remora3 for details on configuration for this device
- The Dart3, G70, G120, G150 and Remora3 have an onboard speeding parameter which allows a maximum speed Threshold (km/h) to be stored on the device.
- The Dart3, G70, G120 and G150 have the option to sound a buzzer when the GPS speed exceeds the set Threshold. The buzzer will remain active until the GPS speed drops by the Delta (km/h) value below the Threshold.
- Additionally, the G70 has four different logging options that define the device logging behaviour when the device speed is above the threshold
The device will only buzz when over the threshold. Logging is as per the parameters configured in the "Logging" parameter tab (i.e. default every 60sec or every 500m). There are no records logged as a result of the threshold being breached. This is designed to control driver speed with in-cab buzzer feedback.
Starting/Stopping of Speeding
In addition to buzzing when over the threshold, the device will log a record at the Start and End of speeding. This allows for precise speeding durations to be determined server side.
Logs generated for start/end of speeding will use log reason 18 - Over Speed
In addition to buzzing when over the threshold, the device will log a record for every point it records while the speed is above the threshold. This means second-by-second logs when the device is above the threshold.
These logs will use log reason 18 - Over Speed.
Use Caution when configuring this option as it will result in additional data usage, and many records being sent for processing by the end server if drivers speed for extended periods.
In addition to buzzing the device will log Over Speed records (reason 18) - on:
To setup an external buzzer, see - Connect an External Buzzer/LED
- When parameters are set to buzz, such as buzzing on over speed and buzz on no driver ID - the firmware tells the following outputs to buzz
- The internal buzzer in the RFID driver ID reader, if connected
- Any outputs set to 'buzzer'
- The internal buzzer on the G120 or G150 PCB
So if you are already using the DM RFID reader - there is no need to wire any additional buzzers!
Example: If the customer wants a buzzer to sound when 100 km/h is breached and to turn off when the speed drops 5km/h under this threshold once breached. Your settings would be the following:
Speed Alerts in Telematics Guru
The speed is reported with each log and can be alerted on in TG. We can use the Alert Wizard - Speeding (Once per trip) to setup the Speed Limit alert threshold.
TG has a huge selection of reports and ways to report on speed, see Speed Monitoring in Telematics Guru.
Note: Speed alerts on Third Party platforms can use the speed reported in FID = 0 to alert on overspeed.
Log based on Speed Change
You can set the Speed Change parameter under the Logging parameter tab to record additional logs in trip if the speed changes. This change is since the previous log.
Buzz When Speeding Inside Geofence
Geofence downloads can be used to trigger a buzzer when speeding inside a geofence. See Geofence Downloads Example: Buzz when over 40km/h inside geofence