Scheduled Maintenance Reminders (SMR)
Table of Contents
Telematics Guru automatically calculates run hour and odometer estimates based on incoming device data. The Scheduled Maintenance Reminder (SMR) module allows jobs and maintenance schedules to be created for assets using this information.
Jobs can be run based on the following schedules:
|E.g. service the asset every 10 000kms.
|E.g. service the asset every 1000 hours
|E.g. service the asset on a specific date each year/month. Or every X months.
Schedules can be based on a combination of the above i.e. every 6 months or 10 000kms, whatever comes first.
Additionally, there is an Unscheduled schedule type - designed for recording, actioning and tracking jobs that occur on an ad-hoc basis (i.e. repairing a cracked windscreen). These are jobs which are not regular. Completing jobs on these schedules doesn't automatically schedule a new job 10 000kms/500hrs later etc. This type is not covered in this article, instead see Maintenance Lists.
|Defines the schedule (i.e. based on odo/hours/calendar) and other options including the list of assets it applies to and who should be notified.
|A job is created when an Asset becomes due for the work to be done as defined in the Maintenance Schedule
|created in the Job List as a Reminder ahead of the Job being created, as warning so that you can get ready / book / plan for the upcoming Job
Create a Schedule
- Go to Maintenance → Maintenance Schedules → Create New Schedule
- Fill out the name, instructions and set the Time zone.
- Select the assets to be linked to the schedule
- Select who should receive email notifications
- Link the users that should receive the emails
- Select if reminders (warning a job is upcoming) should generate emails
- Select if an email should be sent when the job is created.
- Configure the schedule criteria.
For each option, set the Action Interval, and Reminder period.
The above shows an absolute odometer value. So a job is generated on 10 000km, 20 000km, 30 000km etc If a job is generated on 10 000km, but we don't complete the job until 12 000km, the next job is still created at 20 000km.
If this was unchecked, the next job would be created relative to the previous - i.e. at 22 000km. The same applies to Calendar and Run Hours.
Jobs and Reminders View
The Maintenance → Jobs and Reminders view is shown below. We can use this to view and action jobs and reminders.
- Filter by asset
- Filter by Schedule
Using 1 and 2 we can view all jobs for a specific asset, or all jobs for a specific schedule.
- Indicates if the item is a job or reminder
- Click this to add a note for the upcoming job
- We can action a reminder, either:
- Close the reminder - the job will still be generated when the the schedule elapses
- Create the job (create job now - maybe we want to action it)
Complete a Job
- Set the date the job was completed
- If desired, we can update the odo/run hours. Use case is sometimes the TG values and asset readings (i.e. the hour meter on the asset) may be slightly out of sync. This allows them to be aligned.
- If we are completing the job slightly early - if we should skip ahead to the next schedule.
- Any notes.
Documents can be uploaded to maintenance schedules when completing a job.
This allows invoices, job sheets, photos and more to be captured against the maintenance schedule. Maintaining a complete history of all asset maintenance and documentation in one place.
View Uploaded Documents
Once a job is completed and document uploaded, the history of documents is available on the Maintenance History of the asset (check “View Closed” in the Maintenance View)
Maintenance Schedules View
We can also view the schedules via Maintenance → Maintenance Schedules. Schedules can also be edited from this view.
This view is equivalent to filtering the Jobs and Reminders schedule for All Assets and a specific schedule.
The Following Reports are available for schedule reminders; They allow you to list the Jobs and Reminders based on report parameters. It is recommended that you schedule the "Open Maintenance Jobs and Reminders" report to be emailed to a suitable person or group within your Organisation so that they will be proactively notified of new Jobs and Reminders that have been created in the system.
Add Asset To Schedule on Creation
When creating an asset, we can add the asset to the schedule directly on creation.
This saves needing to create assets and then visit the SMR page to update all schedules.