The G70 can be configured to count pulses on digital inputs - for example to monitor a meter.
There are 3 x Digital Inputs available for Pulse Counting. See G70 Harness Definition.
Note that Digital Input 3 pin is shared with Driver ID and so cannot be used in conjunction with Wiegand or TTL readers.
To configure Pulse Counting
- You will need to add the relevant Digital Input under System Parameters on OEM server.
- Set "Function" to "Pulse Counter".
- Set the "Config1" field to an Analog input where the pulse counts will be written to.
- You have two debounce times to choose from - depending on what Analog Input you pick.
- Less than and equal to 10 = Debounce Time of 10 ms.
- More than 10 =Debounce Time of 20 ms.
- Some Analog inputs less than 10 are reserved and used for other functions.
- Ex. Analog input 4 = Cellular Signal Strength. See G70 - Default I/O Mappings
- Pulse Counts happen only on Rising Edges.
- The total count resets across a power on reset
In the example below, we have configured Digital Input 3 for Pusle counting.
Counts are sent to Analog 13. Analog 13 has a Debounce Time of 20 ms.