Digital Matter offers a 'repair or replace' warranty against manufacturing defects from the date of dispatch of the product from Digital Matter.
- Digital Matter's hardware warranty is 24 months (2 years)
- The two-year warranty period commences day of order dispatch
- Key Exclusions:
- Water ingress (as DM do not handle the final sealing of any device)
- Electrostatic Damage
- LiPo back up batteries are not covered under the warranty. DM can supply replacements
Digital Matter offers a Manufacturer’s “repair or replace” warranty against manufacturing defects from the date of dispatch of the Product from Digital Matter. The period begins when Digital Matter ships the device to the customer. Faulty devices should be returned to Digital Matter, at the customer’s expense, for analysis. Devices assessed to be faulty under this warranty will be repaired or replaced at Digital Matter’s expense, which is limited to Digital Matter’s cost of the repair or replacement device plus standard postage to return the device to the Reseller. Should a replacement not be readily available, a credit note to the value of the original purchase price will be raised. This Manufacturer’s Warranty excludes any malicious damage or damage caused by use of the device outside of its specified operating parameters, exposure to lightning or power spikes, or damage caused due to incorrect installation of the device.
If the Product is installed in a position where it is exposed to water, rain, and / or dust care must be taken to ensure that the device is correctly sealed. As the sealing of the Product is outside of Digital Matter’s control water ingress and water damage is not covered by the Manufacturer’s Warranty.
The components used in this product can be damaged by Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) and suitable anti-static precautions (such as a grounded wrist strap) need to be taken when inserting the SIM card or handling the printed circuit board. Avoid touching any of the components or the antennas. The Manufacturer’s Warranty does not cover ESD damage.
In purchasing the Product, the Customer acknowledges that it has relied upon its own assessment of the ability of the Product to perform the purposes for which it has been purchased and the fitness of the Product for any required purpose. Other than the Manufacturer’s Warranty, Digital Matter shall not be liable for any losses or any consequential loss in relation to the supply and performance of the Product.
Certain Products contain a Lithium-Polymer battery which has a limited shelf life when not used and left in a discharged state. Li-Po back up batteries are not covered under warranty. It is recommended that all devices held in stock for periods longer than six months are connected to power and charged periodically before storing again. DM can provide replacement batteries if any Li-Po batteries
The Warranty Process
If you have an issue with a device, please take the following action.
- Ensure you have followed the relevant troubleshooting steps
- If you cannot resolve the issue, contact our support team for assistance, providing the serial and details of the issue. Our team will assist as best as possible.
- If the issue cannot be resolved remotely, our support team will issue instructions and provide an RMA ticket number
- Return the device to one of our branches, ensuring the package is marked with this ticket number
- Once received, our team will inspect the device. If it is faulty and covered under warranty we will repair, replace, or raise a credit note if no replacement stock is available