Digital Matter’s Returns Policy (“RMA”)
Unless specifically agreed, in writing, to the contrary, Digital Matter only offers a “carry in repair or replace” warranty against manufacturing defects (“Manufacturer’s Warranty”). You are referred to the article setting out what the Manufacturer’s Warranty includes and excludes.
In the event that you believe that there is a defect, covered by the Manufacturer’s Warranty, with a device you purchased from Digital Matter you are required to follow and complete the below steps (“the pre-RMA steps”) before returning the device to Digital Matter. Should you not follow and complete the pre-RMA steps and return the device to Digital Matter without an official RMA ticket number having been issued by Digital Matter, the Manufacturer’s Warranty shall immediately lapse and the device will be dealt with by Digital Matter, without liability, as it deems appropriate.
- Consider and follow/implement, as appropriate, the relevant articles on Digital Matter’s extensive on-line knowledge base including but not limited to the following “troubleshooting” articles
- In the event that you cannot resolve the issue, notwithstanding having complied fully with the troubleshooting step, you must contact, by e-mail, Digital Matter’s (country relevant) support team for assistance. You are required to provide the serial number of the device and as much detail of your issue with the device as possible in your e-mail. Digital Matter’s support team will then assist in attempting to resolve your issue. This may be done by way of exchange of e-mails or possibly, but not normally, by way of other forms of communication.
(“the support step”)
- Should Digital Matter’s support team not be able to resolve the issue you have with the device, remotely, through the support step process, you will be issued, in writing, with an RMA ticket number.
- You are then required, at your cost, to send the device to the Digital Matter office specified by Digital Matter, ensuring the package is clearly marked with the allocated RMA ticket number.
- Once the device has been received and Digital Matter confirms that it bears the correct RMA ticket number, the device will be inspected by Digital Matter.
- Should Digital Matter, as a result of its inspection, determine that the device is in fact faulty and that it falls within the Manufacturer’s Warranty, Digital Matter will, at its cost and at its sole election, decide whether to repair or replace the device or, should no replacement stock be available, raise a credit note in your favour or refund you the purchase price of the faulty device.
Unless agreed to the contrary, in writing, Digital Matter’s liability for defective devices that fall under the Manufacturer’s Warranty, shall be limited to what is set out herein.