Digital Matter’s Manufacturer’s Warranty
Digital Matter’s Manufacturer’s Warranty (“Manufacturer’s Warranty”)
Unless specifically agreed, in writing, to the contrary Digital Matter only offers a “carry in repair or replace” warranty in respect of manufacturing defects on its devices.
- Digital Matter's Manufacturer’s Warranty is valid for a period of 24 months (2 years) (“Warranty Period”)
- The Warranty Period commences on the date the device is dispatched from Digital Matter’s office/warehouse
Key (but not only) Exclusions:
- Water/dust ingress
- Electrostatic discharge
- Incorrect or negligent and/or unnecessarily frequent placement and/or replacement of batteries
- Any actual or attempted modifications (other than those performed by Digital Matter) to/of a device
- Damage arising as a result of any attempt (other than those performed by Digital Matter) to repair a device
- Damage arising as a result of the shipment of a device
- Faults with communication outside of Digital Matter’s control
- LiPo back up batteries are not covered under the warranty
Manufacturer’s Warranty Details
Digital Matter offers a “carry in repair or replace” warranty against manufacturing defects for the Warranty Period.
Digital Matter warrants that the device will perform in accordance with its specifications for the Warranty Period.
This Manufacturer’s Warranty excludes any damage or damages caused by, arising from or related to:
- any malicious, deliberate or negligent action
- using the device other than in accordance with its specifications
- using the device unlawfully
- exposure to lightning or power spikes
- electrostatic discharge – anti-static precautions, such as wearing a grounded wrist strap and/or avoiding touching any of the components or the antennas, need to be taken when inserting a SIM card or handling the printed circuit board
- faulty or incorrect installation of the device
- water and/or dust ingress
- batteries including their installation, removal or the life/performance thereof
- communication issues related to your data provider.
In purchasing the device, you acknowledge that you have relied on your own assessment of the ability of the device to perform the purposes for which it has been purchased and the fitness of the device for your required purpose.
No warranty other than that expressly set out in this document is provided by Digital Matter.
Digital Matter shall not be liable for any direct or indirect, punitive or consequential damages or losses, including loss of profits, or in relation to the supply and performance of any device.
Please note: Certain devices contain a Lithium-Polymer battery which has a limited shelf life when not used and if left in a discharged state. Lithium-Polymer back up batteries, that may be supplied by Digital Matter, are not covered under/by the Manufacturer’s Warranty. It is recommended that all devices having a Lithium-Polymer battery, held in stock for periods longer than six (6) months are connected to power and charged periodically before storing again.