DM to MyGeotab Integration Overview
Digital Matter sends device data to MyGeotab via the MyGeotab 3rd Party API.
Initial Device Setup:
- Devices are provisioned on MyGeotab from the DM's OEM Server. Partners can use their MyAdmin credentials or provide Digital Matter with their Geotab ERP number - Provision a MyGeotab Device on OEM Server
OEM server will provide a Geotab Serial number for each device.
- Devices are assigned a MyGeotab Connector from OEM. This tells OEM server to send data to MyGeotab.
3. Use the Geotab Serial number/s (provided by OEM server) when adding new assets to the MyGeotab portal.
- Devices log GPS data and then upload to OEM Server.
- Data sent to the OEM Server by the device is directed to the MyGeotab 3rd Party API.
- Data appears in MyGeotab for the MyGeotab Serial.
What is sent to MyGeotab:
- GPS data is sent most regularly (or according to how the device is setup):
- Position data: Lat, long, speed, Is GPS Valid.
- Digital data: Ignition, auxilaries (Tamper for Remora in Aux 2), Battery Status (battery NOT good)
Device Profiling Counters are sent less regularly, usually once per day:
- Battery Voltage in Millivolts
- Battery Percentage
- Successful Uploads
- Failed Uploads
- GPS Freshen Attempts
- GPS Freshen Time
- Trip count