The device must be sealed carefully to achieve the IP-67 rating.
Ensure that the clear silicon seal is in good condition, is lying flat, and is not fouled by any plastic debris or other material.
- Close the housing, and gently squeeze it shut. Foam on the lid will compress against the batteries, holding them firmly in place.
- Tighten the 10 screws to a uniform tightness. On the first assembly, the screws may be quite stiff.
The screws are a thermoplastic screw: 3.5mm x 12mm (BN82428).
If you are after a stainless steel variant, the product code to source is BN82429.
- The silicone seal is what is responsible for maintaining the integrity of the housing. So when sealing, we are looking for:
- Even pressure along all points of the seal
- A uniform gap between the housing lid and base (approx 1mm)
- If you wish to replace the batteries and open the housing, be sure to check that the silicon seal is in good condition before closing the housing again.