The Oyster Egde is an ultra-rugged, Indoor/Outdoor battery-powered asset tracking device and Bluetooth® Gateway. It features cloud-based location solving for 10+ years of battery life.
- GNSS (GPS/BeiDou), Wi-Fi AP MAC Address Scanning, and Cell Tower location for indoor/outdoor asset management
- Bluetooth® 5.2 Gateway for tagged asset management and sensor monitoring
- Deploy-once battery life with up to 10+ years on only 3 x AA user-replaceable batteries
- Cloud-based location solving (versus on-device) for substantial power savings
- Tracks assets when they’re on the move and enters sleep mode when stationary to save power
- ‘Battery Low’ and ‘Battery Critical’ alerts
- Weatherproof and ultra-rugged IP68 and IK07 rated housing
- LTE-M / NB-IoT Connectivity
Oyster Edge Key Info and Resources
Key Technical Specifications
- 3-5.5V input voltage range - LiFeS2 batteries recommended
- LTE-M/NB-IoT modem
- Nano 4FF SIM card
Full Technical Specifications:
Find full technical specs on the product page on our website - https://www.digitalmatter.com/devices/oyster-edge
High Resolution Images
Download high resolution images for the Oyster Edge here: Oyster High Res Images
OEM Server Documentation
Technical Support and Advice
Digital Matter partners should Contact Support for any product issues or enquiries.
Maximise Your Battery Life
On top of ensuring you select the right logging and upload rates, there are some key areas to pay attention to in order to best maximise device battery life.
- See Battery Life Estimates [Oyster Edge] for battery life estimates and a battery life calculator
- See Critical Parameters - Oyster Edge for how to best configure the device to be as energy efficient as possible when uploading data and obtaining a location.
- Pay attention to the SIM card you use - some can cause excessive battery drain - Roaming SIM Cards - Battery Life Impact
- Keep an eye on your battery status via OEM Server or Telematics Guru - Battery Level Monitoring [Oyster Edge]
The Oyster Edge is backed by a 2 year manufacturer's warranty. See Digital Matter Warranty Returns Policy for details.