The User Support permission is a handy tool in Telematics Guru which allows partners to offer a higher level of support to their customers.
To be granted this feature, please contact your Digital matter support branch.
The Support User function is used to search for the following:
- Email Address Lookup: For when you're not sure which organisation a user is mapped to, or has permissions to
When searching by a user you will be shown their email and a list of all organisations they are mapped to.
- Serial Search: To display details of a Particular Asset and it's home organisation. included links to Live view, Asset List and Dashboard for the organisation and Individual asset screens including telemetry and history. This helps when you are given a serial and you aren't sure which organisation it is located in.
- Search ICCID: to display the devices that match a certain SIM Card ID.
NB: There may be more than 1 shown. If a device was powered on with a SIM, then disconnected, and the SIM swapped - the last SIM reported to be in both devices is the same SIM.
- Search Asset Name: To display devices matching a string.
- Search iridium IMEI: display the unit details that have a particular Iridium Modem installed.
To use the search function you can either enter in the full number/name/word or enter in a partial amount and use asterisks at the start & end of the search term to enable the wildcard search function.
You can also modify your account permissions to display the support user page on your first log in, to expediate your service.