A special once off build of G100s in IP67 rated housings was done. This is not generally available. The following information pertains to that specific build, and not general G100s.
|4||Digital Input 1||Brown|
|5||Switched Ground 1||Yellow|
|6||Digital Input 2||Blue|
|7||Switched Ground 2||Green|
Use the normal G100 Getting Started Guide as a starting point. It is here. Key differences are listed below.
- The harness colours are listed in the table above. These are different to the normal G100 harness.
- The housing should be carefully sealed to maintain the IP rating.
- Ensure the seal is well seated and clean.
- Tighten the screws with a Pan Posi screw driver head of the right size.
- Tighten the screws evenly to give adequate pressure on the seal.
- There is an IP rated SMA connector on the housing. This must be connected to an external Iridium antenna.
- Ensure the Iridium antenna is placed with a good view of the sky. Line of sight with satellites is essential for Iridium communication.
- The Iridium module will only work when the device has external power.
The most basic install requires power and ground wires to be connected. This will allow movement tracking and iridium fail over.
Connect ignition and other wires as required.