The Yabby has the ability to configure "Man Down" alerts - and can send an alert to the server if the asset has not moved (defined as no accelerometer movement) for a configurable period of time. This is available on all versions of the Yabby.
The following settings are available, defaults are shown
- Man Down Digital Input
- Digital Input bit to set when man down is activated
- Man Down Timeout Settings
- If the Man Down Timeout will be Disabled, or in Minutes, Hours or Days
- Man Down Timeout
- Number of minutes/hours/days until Man Down DI is activated
- Man Down Set/Clear
- What to do when Man Down is set or cleared.
- Disabled: Do nothing
- GPS Trigger a GPS fix, to be uploaded at a future event (heartbeat, movement detection, etc).
- GPS and Upload: Once Trigger a GPS fix and attempt an upload. If the upload fails, then it will wait until the next event (heartbeat, movement detection, etc).
- GPS and Upload, Retry: Trigger a GPS fix and attempt an upload continually, until it successfully connects to the server.
For the Wi-Fi version, GPS fix is replaced by Wi-Fi lookup and is equivalent.
Send an alert to the server when the device has not moved for 12 hours:
We can apply these parameters (How to change parameters):
For an alert in TG, set up an alert with these conditions:
i.e. alert when Digital input 1 (or whichever input we have set up for Man Down) - becomes active.
When the device does not move for 12 hours, an upload will be sent to TG, and then this alert will be activated.
Receive an alert when an animal has stopped moving for some time.
Tool Tracking with the Yabby
The Yabby is the perfect device for tracking small assets such as power tools. It's compact form factor means that it can be easily attached or concealed on small assets. Often the goal in tracking power tools is just figuring out where on earth the operator has left the tool once they have left site!
The default settings on the Yabby GPS are perhaps not the best suited for this application. As they are:
- Out of Trip
- 12 hour heartbeats. This is a GPS fix and an upload every 12 hour
- When Movement is Detected by the Accelerometer:
- Upload on Movement; Start Trip
- GPS records position log every 15 mins, uploads upon end of trip
- Upload on no Movement detected for 5 minutes; End Trip
If the operator was using the tool for the day, might be more likely that they use a drill for example for 10 min, put it down for 10, pick it up again etc. This would result in a lot of unnecessary uploads, draining battery life.
We can instead set the device up for one daily upload (or a few Scheduled Uploads) - and then set up Man Down alerts so we get an upload when the tool has been sitting still for a while - so we know where it has been set down with the minimum number of uploads - and longest battery life!