Actility is a LoRaWAN network software provider. Actility is a popular choice for large scale public networks.
The SensorData demo application can receive data from Actility, setup as follows.
1. Get access to ThingPark Device Manager
Each network has a separate instance of device manager. This is commonly found at a URL such as https://yournetwork.thingpark.com/deviceManager
- Login to Device Manager.
2. Create the "Application Server"
This defines where the Actility network server should send the data.
- Go to Application Servers in the left hand menu.
- Click Create. Enter a name and choose the HTTP option:
- Change the Content Type to JSON.
- Click Add a Route. Source port can be left as *. The strategy is not important, unless you have multiple destinations. Add a single destination:
3. Create an Application Server Routing Profile
- In the left hand menu, click AS routing profiles
- Click Create.
- Give it a name, such as "SensorData Demo". Click Create.
- Under Destinations, click Add. Choose Local Application Server as the type. Select the destination you created above. If your destination doesn't appear, check the content type is JSON, from step 2.3
4. Add Your Device
- In the left hand menu, go to Devices.
- To add a new device, click Create.
- Fill in the fields in the New Device dialog. Here are some helpful notes:
- The Administrative Data section is entirely user selectable. It will not prevent the device from working. Choose a useful name.
- Only OTAA is supported. ABP is not supported at this time.
- The various keys are available on a sticker that ships with the devices. They can also be found (and copy/pasted) from the config app - this is recommended to avoid typos. The App Key and App EUI may be reconfigured in the config app too. Ultimately, whatever is on the device when deploying should be entered into this dialog.
- Dashes are not required in the keys, and case is not important. AC-DE-48-23-45-67-AB-CD is equivalent to acde48234567abcd.
- Device profile - LoRaWAN 1.0 class A generally works well.
- Your network provider should supply the connectivity plan.
- Leave the DevAddr as Allocated by network server, unless you are an advanced user.
- Be sure to choose the AS routing profile you setup above.
5. View device data on the demo application
Open the Demo Application website http://sensordemo.digitalmatter.com/. From here, enter the DevEUI in the device serial section. Select the desired parameter, and data range, then click 'Submit'. Any data that has been received will show up on the graph, and a list of all the data (with time stamps) below.