DM produces I2C temperature and relative humidity (RH) sensors. These can be connected to the Flexi 1 to read temperature and/or RH at regular intervals.
Note: this article does not refer to the temperature probe with the silver bullet cover. Please refer to this article for the temperature bullet sensor.
The Flexi 1 exposes 4 screw terminals for I2C:
- 3.3V: provides power to the sensor at 3.3V. The current limit is 500mA.
- SDA: I2C data line.
- SCL: I2C clock line.
- GND: ground connection to the sensor.
DM Temp/RH sensors use the following wiring colours:
- Red = Positive - connect to 3.3V
- Brown = Clock - connect to SCL
- Green = Data - connect to SDA
- Black = Ground - connect to GND
- Purple = Not used.
The Flexi 1 needs to be configured on the OEM Server to use the temp/RH sensor. This is done in the system parameters:
- Add the "DM Ambient Sensor" to the parameters. Select the analogues you would like the readings to appear in:
- Also remember to setup the sensor reading in the Task setup. For example: