Telematics Guru provides different billing plans to suit different asset utilization requirements. This provides a great way to get the great features of Telematics Guru, but at a price point that suits the type of asset.
To get more information about the cost of each plan, please email email@example.com
|TG Plan||Description||Record Count||Considerations||Maps|
|TG-Classic||Original TG plan. Includes most functionality.||No limit, but fair use applies||This is the default plan.||Google Maps|
|TG-Pro||Additional advanced features: local speed limit lookup.||No limit, but fair use applies||This plan provides local speed limit lookup using the Tom-Tom API.||Google Maps|
|TG-PPM||TG - Pay Per Message|
TG-Classic features, for 'low use' assets that do not send many records
|No limit, see price list for pricing. Prices are per 1000 messages, pooled across all assets||No overage charges, but for assets that send a lot of records the Classic plan will be cheaper.||Google Maps|
|TG-ALR||Asset Location and Recovery features: basic live tracking; ALR alerts; ALR reports; no history.||No limit, but fair use applies||Excellent value if a live position is required. No history is presented.||Open Street Maps|
Prior to Nov 2018, there were other plans, TG-4 and TG-24 - all assets on these plans were be moved to the TG-PPM Plan. Generally, the cost to the reseller will be lower on TG-PPM compared to TG-4/TG-24.
TG-Classic, TG-Pro, and TG-PPM are all plans within 'Regular' TG Organisations.
ALR is it's own Organisation type.
Assigning plans to assets
- Go to Admin -> Asset Billing Plans. The user will need the "Billing Plan Manage" permission to access this and manage billing plans.
- Select the assets for which you wish to change the billing plan.
- Click change billing plan and set the plan
Notes for Billing Plan Changes
- Billing plan changes will take effect at the beginning of the next cycle (start of the next month) - the current plan will be used for the remainder of the month.
- The "next" plan, which will take effect next month will be shown in brackets, as <Current Plan> (<Next Plan>). Eg. TG-Classic (TG-PPM).
- The exception to this rule is newly created assets. Any changes made to the billing plan within 7 days of the asset's creation will take effect immediately.
You can view the current message count in the Asset Billing Plan page, Admin -> Asset Billing Plans. This gives the count for the current month. TG will count records only if the asset is set to TG-PPM. There are no overages on this plan, but the count is useful in determining which assets may be better off on the TG-Classic plan.
PPM maximum cost
The PPM plan does not have a maximum cost limit. An asset on a PPM plan that is poorly configured may incur a greater cost than the TG-Classic fee. This is left to the reseller to manage and configure their devices appropriately.