The destination history view provides another great way of visualizing tracking data:
- See on the map where the asset has ended its trips, and the stop time at each location.
- Cluster the trip ends to show the most visited destinations.
- Show the destinations as a heat-map, representing the most visited destinations.
Access the Destination History Map under History->Destination History Map. If this is not an option, contact your partner to enable the function on your organisation.
How to use the page:
- Select an Asset from the drop down
- Select the dates period you are interested in.
- Use the advanced options to be more specific, otherwise use the defaults:
- Exclude any stops on weekends by ticking "Exclude Weekends"
- Only include stops within work hours by specifying Start and End times.
- The page will show you how many trip ends were found within your criteria.
- Choose one of the view options below.
- This only works for "trip-based" assets. Point history devices will not appear in this view. An asset needs to end a trip to appear in this view.
Select the Trips View option in the top right:
This will place a red marker at each end-of-trip location within the specified time period.
Click on a marker to bring up information about the trip end, including the time stopped at this location.
Click on the View Trip link to go to the trip history view.
Select the Clustered View option in the top right:
This view groups the end-of-trips together to give a count of the points in a similar location.
Zoom in to change the clustering.
Click on clusters to see a more detailed breakdown. And finally, click on individual trip ends to get details about the trip and the time stopped at this location.
Heat Map View
Select the Heat Map view in the top right:
This groups trips by location and makes the most visited locations "hot":