The Digital and Analogue mappings for the Sting are explained below. Please note the minor differences between Telematics Guru mappings and what is received in the raw data. Telematics Guru manipulates the raw data.
On Telematics Guru, the defaults are shown graphically below.
For the Analogue Mappings, the analogue number is on the left. The meaning for that number is given in the name. The type, unit and conversion factor explain how to interpret the number. The conversion factor can be thought of as the multiplier to convert the raw number to the right unit.
For the Digital Mappings, the digital input/output number is on the left. Note inputs vs outputs. All Sting default mappings are inputs. The digital input/output bit explains the position in the Digital Data bit field.
There are some important notes regarding the mappings in Telematics Guru
- The Profile Counters (Analogue 11 and up) will move to a dedicated message that will be sent less often. This is pending in May 2017.
- The Status bits (Digital 24 and up) are copied from the special status bits field, which are 2 dedicated bytes in the Digital Data field. See below for more explanation.
Raw Data from OEM
The raw data will appear slightly differently to what is show above in Telematics Guru. Here are the key differences:
- Analogues 1-10 come in the 16 bit analogue field ID.
- Analogues 11-20 come in the 32 bit analogue field ID.
- Digital Inputs come in the Digital Data field, as 4 bytes. This is a total of 32 inputs. The status bits shown above (Trip State; Battery; External Power; Connected to GSM) are not in these 32 bits.
- Digital Outputs come in the Digital Data field as 2 bytes. This is a total of 16 outputs.
- The Status bits come in the Digital Data field, as 2 bytes. This is a total of 16 bit flags:
- Trip State is bit 0 of the status bits
- Battery Good is bit 1 of the status bits.
- External Power Good is bit 2 of the status bits
- Connected to GSM is bit 3 of the status bits.
Temperature and Humidity
If you wish to enable the temperature and humidity sensors, the default mappings and conversions are shown below. The sensors are not enabled by default.
- Temperature Sensor output is in Analogue 5 by default. Unit is degrees C * 100.
- Relative Humidity output is in Analogue 6 by default. Unit is % * 100.
- Light is in Analogue 11 by default. Unit is lux * 1000.