A Parameter Template is a collection of settings. They are used to quickly and reliably replicate device settings across many devices.
Templates can be made for System Parameters or Admin Parameters:
- Admin Parameters contain connectivity settings, such as server and APN settings.
- System Parameters contain device behavior settings, such as heartbeat period, tracking frequency, etc.
Once a template is created, it cannot be edited. If settings must be changed you must edit the settings on a device and create a new template.
When creating a parameter template, the general process is:
- Edit an individual device. Setup the parameters as you require them on a single device
- Create a parameter template based on this single device. This will create a snap shot of its settings
- Apply the template to multiple devices to replicate those settings to all of the devices.
Here are detailed instructions:
Create a parameter template.
- Select Create Parameter Template (single device)
- Select System Parameters or Admin Parameters
- Select the Distributor Group
- Select the Vendor Group
- Select the Client Group
- Give the Template a name
- Type in a description for the Template
- Click on Save