To monitor or track an asset, it must be created on Telematics Guru.
Follow these steps for a basic setup:
- Login to Telematics Guru.
- If you are mapped to multiple organisations, be sure to select or switch to the organisation you wish to create the asset in.
- Go to Assets->Manage Assets
- Click "Create New Asset"
- Enter the essential information as a starting point:
- Give the asset a name
- Enter the Device Serial. Omit leading zeros.
- Press tab, or click in another field - the device Type will be detected and filled automatically (see image below). If it is not select your device type.
(Click this image to view a larger version)
- Info - This tab is used to record information about the asset and is the tab that contains the three custom fields set up when you created the organisation.
- Photo - Photo of asset, location etc.
- Alerts - Select the alerts that this asset will trigger for. Alerts are set up in Admin >> Alerts.
- Installer - Optional input fields to record installer details.
- Advanced - This tab has a large amount of options for the more advanced users such as changing the 'asset state' verbs, assigning assets to states, speed profiles or whether it will be included in interactions with Geo-Fences that include projects, tracking or downloading Geo-Fences to devices.
- Note: Geo-Fence device download only available on select devices. Contact support for more details.
- I/O Mappings - Input/Output mappings contain the options to add in, remove or alter what the analogue/digital I/Os are used. Digital mappings are basically inputs or outputs that you can enable or disable depending on a set of parameters . Bits 0-7 commonly have defaults configured in OEM, but 8-31 are open to be allocated. Click here for more detail on Input/Output mappings.
- Log Events - Click to select the optional log events; overspeed (speeding), excessive idling or harsh braking.
- Drivers - You can assign drivers to this asset and also enable driver tracking which can either test against a specific list of drivers, or all enabled drivers. This is critical for usage of immobolisation and Driver ID Tag On.
The asset should now be setup. Telematics Guru will accept data from the device.
- The asset may not appear on the map in the live view until data has been sent.
- The IO Mappings are important for the correct operation of the device. The defaults are a good place to start. Take care when modifying them.
- Be sure to understand the billing, explained here.