To monitor or track an asset, it must be created on Telematics Guru.
Follow these steps for a basic setup:
- Login to Telematics Guru.
- If you are mapped to multiple organisations, be sure to select or switch to the organisation you wish to create the asset in.
- Go to Assets->Manage Assets
- Click "Create New Asset"
- Enter the essential information as a starting point:
- Give the asset a name
- Choose the Device Type to match the device being used. It is important to select the right type.
- Enter the Device Serial. Omit leading zeros.
- Other information can be entered as required, but is not essential for the device to start connecting and tracking.
- Click Save
The asset should now be setup. Telematics Guru will accept data from the device.
- The asset may not appear on the map in the live view until data has been sent.
- The IO Mappings are important for the correct operation of the device. The defaults are a good place to start. Take care when modifying them.
- Be sure to understand the billing, explained here.