DM Wired devices ave digital inputs that can be setup to be used with a duress button input.
First step is to source a suitable button. There are lots of different types, shapes and colours depending on what you want.
Choose one that is "Normally Open" and provides a momentary closure of the switch when pressed.
We recommend you use the digital Input 1 wire on the device harness
(See the specific device documentation for harness details)
- Connect one of the pins on the switch to the Digital Input wire.
- Connect the other pin on the switch to a ground wire (Black Wires)
In OEM Server select the device and Parameters >> System Parameters and add "Digital Input 1"
For a Button that is 'Normally Open' and completes the circuit when pressed set the following:
- "Bias Resistor" is set to "Pull-up"
- "Active Level" is set to "Low"
- "Upload on Active" is set to Yes - this will cause an upload of the data when the duress is pressed, even when not in trip
Cycle the external power on the device to get it to connect into OEM Server and download its new settings. It is always a good idea to test the setup before getting on-site.