DM produces I2C temperature probes. These can be connected to the Flexi 1 to read temperature at regular intervals.
The Flexi 1 exposes 4 screw terminals for I2C:
- 3.3V: provides power to the sensor at 3.3V. The current limit is 500mA.
- SDA: I2C data line.
- SCL: I2C clock line.
- GND: ground connection to the sensor.
DM temperature probes use the following wiring colours:
- Red = Positive - connect to 3.3V
- Brown = Clock - connect to SCL
- Orange = Data - connect to SDA
- Black = Ground - connect to GND
The Flexi 1 needs to be configured on the OEM Server to use the temperature sensor. This is done in the system parameters:
- Add the temperature sensor param section. Add the section corresponding to the colour of the sensor that you have:
- RED Digital Matter sensor: If using a red sensor, add Temp Sensor 2 Tab:
- BLUE Digital Matter sensor: If using a blue sensor, add Temp Sensor 4 Tab:
- Both red and blue can be used at the same time. You can use 1 red and 1 blue. You cannot use 2 blue or 2 red.
- Also remember to setup the sensor reading in the Task setup.