If you are receiving a device for the first time, this will explain what you need to do to get it online.
Don't hesitate to contact support to get more details about these steps.
- Getting Started Guide: check the knowledge base for the getting started guide. This will give you device specific pictures and information.
- SIM Card Details: you will usually need a SIM card to get the device online. Check the following:
- SIM Size: check on the SIM size. Most devices use the standard "mini-SIM" (2FF form factor). Some new devices use a "micro-SIM" (3FF form factor) or even "nano-sim" (4FF form factor)
- SIM Pin: to get started, ensure the PIN is disabled
- APN Details: get the APN details from the SIM provider, normally in the form of APN Name, APN Username, and APN Password
- Set APN Details: If the APN is not included in the AutoAPN feature of the firmware, contact support to help set it. Advanced users can set it by SMS: article
- Active: ensure the SIM is activated.
- Data available: ensure there is data credit or prepaid balance on the SIM.
- Insert the SIM: pay attention to the orientation. Clip it in if necessary.
- Power up the Device: insert the batteries or connect external power
- Check OEM: check that the device has come online using the OEM Server: article