For a device to work on MyGeotab, it must be provisioned on the MyGeotab platform first. Follow these steps:
- Login to www,oemserver.com. Contact support to setup an account.
- Search for the device(s) in question. This explains that process: Search, Selection, and Filtering
- Select the devices using the tick box.
- Go to Device Operations->Set Geotab Serial (Provision Device). If you cannot see this option, contact support to be enabled as a "Geotab User".
- Enter your MyGeotab myadmin site credentials in the pop-up. These are the credentials that should allow devices to be provisioned on your MyGeotab database.
- Enter the server name. According to Geotab, this is "the name of the server used to process the GPS data. This can be left blank to automatically use the default value of “service.geotab.com:81”. Note that the port number is required."
- Click OK.
- The system will populate MyGeotab specific information in the "MyGeotab Serial" column,
To send data to Geotab, ensure your device is set to your specific Geotab Connector. See this article to Set The Connector