The Flexi1 has a USB interface. This allows testing and debugging via the Config Tool Application.
A beta version of the application is attached to this article. You will need a Windows installation with .NET Framework 4.5.
To perform some basic debugging via USB:
- Power the Flexi1 from it's battery pack or an external source.
- The LED's on the Flexi1 should indicate that it is running.
- Plug a USB cable between the Flexi1 and the PC.
- Run the Flexi1 Config Tool.exe application
- If the PC recognises the Flexi1, the applications user interface should become active.
- Click "Status" to see that the Flexi1 is responsive.
- Below the "Set Debug Level" button, set the debug level to "Info". Then click "Set Debug Level".
- Observe the text outputs from the device.
- Use the various buttons to trigger actions on the Flexi1.
- The Flexi1 will not sleep or enter a low power state while the USB cable is plugged in.
- If certain behaviour is expected from a Flexi Card, it relies on the card being recognised by the Flexi1. Consider the possibility that the Flexi1 cannot identify the card, due to a faulty card or a faulty connector.