The Remora will periodically log debug stats with some performance metrics. This is useful for understand how the Remora is using it's power.
- Stats will reset after new batteries are put into the Remora or on a physical reset (batteries out and in).
- Average GPS time to first fix can be calculated by dividing the "seconds spent in successful GPS fixes" by "successful GPS fixes".
Firmware older than v1.29:
Find them by searching for the device on OEM. Click on Details and go to the Log tab. Look for a record like this:
Interpret each number in order:
- Successful upload count
- Seconds spent in successful uploads
- Failed uploads
- Seconds spent in failed uploads
- Successful GPS fixes
- Seconds spent in successful GPS fixes
- Failed GPS fixes
- Seconds spent in failed GPS fixes
- GPS orbital download attempts
- Seconds spent downloading GPS orbitals via GPS
- Number of accelerometer wakeups
- Number of actual trips
- Number of uploads due to Upload On Jostle
- Battery voltage, in millivolts (-1 if unknown)
- Battery capacity, in hundredths of a percent (-1 if unknown)
- Number of GPS fixes due to Upload On Jostle
- Debug records are deleted after 2 weeks. If you wish to preserve them, set the Data Capture Expiry date to a date in the future. This will prevent deletion until 2 weeks after that date.
Firmware version v1.29 onwards:
The debug stats messages above have been replaced by a new message, which is graphically displayed in the Details pane on OEM, near the bottom of the page: