Before you start:
- Ensure your Dart is iButton capable. This should be on serial numbers newer than 122000
- If you are using an LED, ensure there is a resistor in series. The DM harnesses should have a 1000 ohm resistor in series with both the brown and green wires.
Connecting an iButton Reader to the Dart Harness
- Cut the 4 way Molex plug off the Harness. (Ensure you won't be using it with a Dart RFID reader first)
- Connect Brown (TTL Tx) and Green (TTL Rx) on the harness together then connect both to the iButton readers signal line. (On a DM iButton reader, this is a red wire.)
- Connect Black (TTL Gnd) to ground on the iButton reader. (On a DM reader, this is a black wire.)
LED Flash Output
The System Rail Output wire (Purple) can be used to flash an LED. If you wish to use the LED in the iButton harness, connect the following:
- Connect the Dart Harness Purple (Sys Rail Out) to the LED positive wire. If using a DM reader, this is the brown wire for the RED LED, or green wire for the GREEN LED. Ensure there is a resistor in series to protect the LED (These are already attached on DM readers).
- Connect Black (TTL Gnd) to the LED negative. If using the DM reader, this is the yellow wire.