Before you start:
- Ensure your Dart is iButton capable. This should be on serial numbers newer than 122000
- If you are using an LED, ensure there is a resistor in series. The DM harnesses should have a 1000 ohm resistor in series with both the brown and green wires.
Follow these steps to connect an iButton reader to the Dart.
- Cut off the 4 way Molex plug. Ensure you won't be using it with a Dart RFID reader first!
- Connect Brown (TTL Tx) and Green (TTL Rx) together. Connect both to the iButton readers signal line. On a DM reader, this is a white wire.
- Connect Black (TTL Gnd) to ground on the iButton reader. On a DM reader, this is a grey wire.
The System Rail Output wire (Purple) can be used to flash an LED. If you wish to use the LED in the iButton harness, connect the following:
- Connect Purple (Sys Rail Out) to the LED positive wire. Ensure there is a resistor in series to protect the LED. If using a DM reader, this is the brown wire for the RED LED, or green wire for the GREEN LED.
- Connect Black (TTL Gnd) to the LED negative. If using the DM reader, this is the yellow wire.