The OEM Server's device view allows battery and external voltages to be checked quickly.
- Battery voltage (1) is the voltage of the battery inside the device:
- For devices with a LiPo battery pack, the battery is flat at 3.5V and full at 4.1V. The example in (3) is a full battery.
- For Remoras with 4 x Alkaline batteries, the full voltage is about 6.2V and the flat voltage is about 4.4V. Refer to the device specific documents for more information.
- External voltage (2) is the voltage seen by the device from an external source. Usually this is a vehicle. For most powered devices, this should be above 8V to run the device and charge the internal battery. Refer to the device specific documents for more information. The example in (4) is a good external voltage source.
- If the device is not connecting the External Voltage (2) will not be current or correct. The device needs to connect and send data for it to give you the correct reading.