It is possible to set a digital input when an idling condition is met on the device. This can be used to trigger events or alerts on a software platform. Depending on the software platform, this may not be necessary, as the same result may be achieved in software on the platform.
The idling condition is based on:
- Device is in trip.
- GPS speed is below the Idling Speed Threshold (km/h) for
- longer than Idle Time Threshold (s).
- Digital Input 7 is recommended when enabled as this will not clash with the physical inputs (0-4 depending on the device) or the GPS jamming IO (5 & 6).
- If the trip ends, the input is switched off.
- If emulated ignition is used, the idle time threshold should be longer than the trip end time (default = 240s)
- This applies to the following devices:
- Dart: firmware 1.6 or higher.
- G62: all firmware verisions