Digital Matter devices commonly use switched ground outputs. These provide a ground signal when on and are high impedance when off.
There are some example of high side outputs. There is a system rail output on the Dart and a 5V output on the G100 which can be thought of as Digital Outputs.
The function of the digital output can be set in system parameters. Functions include:
None: output is not used.
- Digital output: can be set to on or off from the server.
- Buzzer: control and external buzzer. This can be used to buzz Driver ID exceptions or over speed violations.
- Immobiliser: more information here
- LED: control an external LED. Be sure to use a serial resistor.
- System Rail Output or 5V output: This is for advanced use only. Generally use the defaults.