Bulk Firmware Update
Administrators often need to update the firmware version of many devices at once. Updates may be needed when new features are released or bugs are fixed.
Steps to update many devices at once:
- Search for the devices you need to update, filtering appropriately on the columns as you go.
- Select the devices of interest, either manually or by selecting the “Select all” box.
- Please note that all devices must have the same Hardware revision
- You can use the filters to ensure that only those of the appropriate revision are selected.
- Set the devices to the desired FW.
- Login to the OEM server admin interface, usually at www.oemserver.com
- Search for the devices you need to update. See OEM server Getting Started guide for more info on searching.
- Note that you can only update single hardware revisions in one go. You may need to apply a filter to the product row. For example, 4.1, 4.2, and 4.3 are G50 hardware revisions and must be updated separately.
- After applying a filter, be sure to update your selection. This ensures that none of the devices filtered out are still selected.
- Go to Device Operations->Set Firmware. Select the firmware version you wish to apply. Click OK.
This screen shot shows how to apply a filter to get a single hardware revision. The 33 is the Product ID and the .2 is the Hardware Revision. In this case 33 is Remora and 2 is 3G.
- Be sure not to try to update multiple hardware revisions. This will give you an error.
- Updating many devices at once may timeout. Reduce the number by filtering on device groups to get around this.